View Profile Falsesouth

12 Game Reviews

A major improvement from Access Code: Heaven. Difficulty wise, this game was much more balanced, and I thought the atmosphere is what made the game work. It was strange because at some random times, the music would cut out, so if that was fixed, I would probably enjoy the game a little more. Once again, it's still a pretty short game, but the structure and story made it much more interesting than Access Code: Heaven. The bosses are a little better here too. Still could be a little more interesting, but once again, big improvement.

Keep it up!

SPOILER ALERT (although its not like there's a complex plot or anything lol)

Don't know where you got the music from or if you produced it yourself, but it does not have a very consistent tone. I like the atmospheric parts though.

The controls are a little iffy, especially when it comes to the "wall stick" ability.

Are the door sprites from Axiom Verge? It looks quite like it. It doesn't really matter if you're practicing game development skills, so I don't see a problem with it.

The beach part that comes out of nowhere sticks out like a sore thumb, and it's kind of funny because after you see it once, you never see it again. Maybe some night sky background would have been more fitting.

The bosses are kind of boring, and need more interesting move sets.

It's not a very difficult game, and it's pretty short, but by no means is it bad. I hope you make a more fully developed game that has its own uniform style. Overall, pretty good.

Keep it up.

Very pleased with this metroidvania project. The music is really interesting and overall the design is clever stunning to look at.

I'm very happy to have played this. Keep it up!

285 Audio Reviews

There's too much mid bass and not enough (if any) sub. There's also what feels like reverb (overall wetness in the low end).
You definitely need to work on your mix-downs (track idea itself has potential with more mixing, composition and sound design experience. In addition, the 'melodic' drop at the end is a little to random. Either go melodic, or atonal for drop styles. Also consider getting some new dubstep drum samples, since these ones are a little weak as is.

The plugin 3xOsc itself has a lot of potential. The problem is that the interface on its own is not very versatile, which is why you need to apply more effects and automation to make the most out of it. Personally, I would only use 3xosc for a sub bass (since a sine wave or two with some distortion and EQ is all you need) and for any VGM-esque sounds I'm trying to emulate.

As a sidenote, I think it's great to challenge yourself with only using one VST. Try it again some day when you have more experience :)

AlienNinjaGD responds:

Okay. So, actually there is sub, and it sucks so much because I tried to use only 3xOsc and less than 5 FX plugins.
The drums aren't samples, they were all made with the 3xOsc too.
Still thx! :)

Lovely electro-house. All the sound design is great too, especially the phaser chords. The mixdown is nice and 'warm', too.

Keep it up!

Wow, this one's awesome.

1 Art Review

Lol, good times! I never rated art before but this is pretty funny. With time you can make better pictures, but It's better than what I could ever do, so good luck!

AbsurdTyler responds:

Funny thing is that it's based on a real coppercab video that was made September of this year. :D
The youtube video is called "Pokémon go..... To Hell!" It's so freaking funny how he thinks Pokémon is real. XD

My new alias is False South (Formerly ChaelMusic). Experimenting with the many possibilities of electronic music.

19, Male